Friday, December 2, 2011

Last Minute Gifts to Crochet

Has this happened to you lately? Last week, all of a sudden, I realized that there were only a few more weeks until Sparkle Season! And I still had presents to crochet! How could I get them all done? Well, I went through my patterns that have been published, and discovered that I have designed a lot of quick and easy accessories, for both children and adults, that I could make in no time. Problem solved! And even though I may crochet the same pattern for two presents, they wouldn't necessarily look alike because the yarn would be totally different. So I made a list of what I had to choose from, and this is what I came up with. If you're looking for quick and easy presents to make, all of these patterns are accessible on the web. You can download them, or order a print copy. Here they are:


Easy Hat at Annie's Attic; 
This is a self-published pattern of mine, on sale through Annie's Attic - download only - and yesterday I wanted to see how easy the directions were, and how long it would take me to crochet one. One hour - that's all. From start to finish! Couldn't be easier! The pattern calls for bulky yarn, and an N-15/10mm hook.




Goldilock's Family of Hats at the Interweave Store

This is what Interweave said about these patterns (there are 5):
Marty Miller has designed the Goldilock's Family of Hats to suit every member of the family, with distinctive differences in brims and details. The five hats have something for everyone, from simple details for a woman and man to cute stripes for a boy, flower embellishment for a girl, and a tiny hat for a baby.






Bonsai Shawl/Scarf in Interweave Crochet Accessories, 2011

I just made one for myself, in a light-weight wool self-striping yarn. It keeps me warm when I wear it tied loosely around my neck, without being bulky or getting in the way. I'm going to make more for myself! (Just as soon as I finish these presents!)




Totes for All Reasons - at Leisure Arts
There are 7 different totes in this book. All the totes are made and shown twice - once with craft store yarns and once with yarn shop yarns. So no matter where the yarn comes from, you can make the tote and it will look great! You will also learn new stitch patterns, and how to felt crochet.
This booklet is available in print form, and also through the iTunes store and the Leisure Arts app.




So don't panic! You can get all your presents crocheted before Sparkle Season! And each one will be loved and appreciated, especially because it's made by YOU!



3 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Great roundup of last minute crochet gift ideas here. I just mentioned the Totes patterns to someone who said that she loves making bags when she needs a quick project.

House of Avandan said...

Love crochet, it's come a long way from granny squares.

Safe Pest Control said...

New beautiful subject thank you for this information

-----------------------------
spiders control sydney | pest control sydney | sydney pest control