Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crochet Along starts tomorrow


I thought I would show you the yarns I picked for the Crochet Along. I went into my stash to find some colors and some yarn that spoke to me, and this is what I came up with - Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, in some of the new colors, AND in huge skeins. That means no ends, unless I want them! I also thought I would see what the Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn would look like with the 2 Bernat yarns. I think the off-white SnC will look good with the blue yarn - called Country Blue - and the fading self-striping yarn - called Meadow. But, I don't know if I'll use it or not. I may just go with the Country Blue and the Meadow. I began crocheting the bag, just to see how the two colors would mix, and I like what happened. The Meadow still self-stripes, but it's more subtle. So, I think I'll just use those two yarns. By the way, the Country Blue has approximately 710 yards in a skein, and the Meadow has approximately 470 yards. The yarn is 100% cotton, and is really soft. I designed another bag using this cotton, and what was so great was that when I was finished with the bag, (and it was LARGE!), there were only 2 ends to weave in!!!!!

So I hope you're ready to start your tote tomorrow. Remember to download the pattern booklet here (you get 6 other patterns from 6 other designers in the booklet), and we'll get started!

No comments: