Monday, April 13, 2009

Hooked for Life - Adventures of a Crochet Zealot

I have been haunting the bookstores lately - waiting for this book to get published - Hooked for Life: Adventures of a Crochet Zealot, by Mary Beth Temple. It finally appeared this weekend - a week or so ahead of the scheduled publication date, and I grabbed it up. Which was a good thing - because what with the pollen this past weekend, and my itchy eyes and my sneezing, I just didn't feel like crocheting. (I know - when that happens, I MUST be sick!) I read it in no time - devoured it, is more like it. It is funny, interesting, funny, and did I say funny? Whether you crochet, or knit, or both, or do neither, I think you'll enjoy it. Especially if you crochet and think that no one else has a stash as big as yours. Or if you knit, and think that no one else has a stash as big as yours. Or if you are a yarn snob. Or if you aren't a yarn snob and like all yarns. And if you want to learn new terms - I won't give them away here, but there are a lot of them in the book. Read this book! And then, if you haven't already done so, read her previous book, The Secret Language of Knitters. (You can read and enjoy it even if you just crochet! It's all about Yarn!)

Check out Hooked for Life here;



And check out The Secret Language of Knitters here:

No comments: