Saturday, October 4, 2008

Crochet Today!



I got back from the Knit and Crochet Show in Portland, Oregon a couple of weeks ago, and it's taken me this long to catch up with everything I had to do at home. Well, I ALMOST caught up.........
In Portland, I had one and a half days free before I started teaching my 6 classes, so - I took a class - Myra Wood's Self Publishing class. It was fantastic! And - along with a couple of other designers (the Crochet Dude and the Yarn Adventurer) I went to a few yarn shops in Portland. And - bought some yarn. I'll take pictures of the yarn, and post them soon.
When I come back from the Crochet conferences, I am so excited. I can't wait to try new yarns, new ideas, new designs. I get home and I don't know where to start! But this year, I've been working on some sweater and vest designs, and when I got home I started going through my stash of yarns to find yarns I can use for them. And - I have found so many different yarns, my list of projects to start is getting longer and longer, and my time to crochet in the past few weeks has been less and less. (Of course, this doesn't mean that I've stopped buying yarns!)
I will take some pictures of the yarns I'm using, and how nicely they show the stitch patterns. Keep in contact, and the pictures will soon be posted.
But now, I want to tell you about my afghan pattern that just was published in the new Crochet Today magazine - Nov/Dec 08. I got the magazine this week, and was pleasantly surprised to see the afghan. I just designed and crocheted it this past summer - and wasn't sure when it would be published. It's called the All Angles Afghan, and all it is is Granny Squares and Granny Rectangles - all in different sizes. It was fun to work up, and great to see the picture in the magazine. Check it out:



And there are other great designers with patterns in this issue: Drew Emborsky (the Crochet Dude), Robyn Chachula (Crochet by Faye). Candi Jensen, Kristin Omdahl and Ellen Gormley, to name just a few. And you can look at all the patterns here: Crochet Today

No comments: