Monday, October 27, 2008

Houston - Yarntopia Crochet Workshop

I'm on my way to Houston! Well, not actually today - but soon. This Wednesday, to be exact. Early! Real early! I may not even go to sleep on Tuesday night. Because I have to get up EARLY! But it will be worth it. I'm going to the Quilt Festival in Houston, and then I'm going to teach a workshop at Yarntopia, in Katy, Texas, on Saturday morning. The Crochet Dude will be at Yarntopia that same afternoon - launching and signing his new book - The Crochet Dude's Designs for Guys. Check it out here.

The workshop I'm teaching on Saturday (from 10 - 1, and the Dude will be signing at 2) is Crochet in Bits and Pieces. (There is still room in the workshop. You can check it out here.) In the workshop, you will learn how to look at things you want to make, and then break down the pieces into basic shapes - circles, triangles, squares, and all of the variations. Then - you will learn how to make these shapes from bottom to top, top to bottom, outside in, inside out, side to side, etc. It's a lot of fun to teach - and I've been told it's a lot of fun to take. (Not bragging, but this workshop received all 10s - the highest recommendation - at the Portland, Oregon CGOA conference in September.) Now, I don't want to give anything away - but here is a picture of a circle, a square, and a triangle. This is where you'll start - and you'll go on from there.



If you are in the area - come to my workshop in the morning, have lunch, and then go to the Dude's signing in the afternoon. What a great way to spend a Saturday! Crocheting with the Doc and the Dude!

No comments: